Brief History of the School
- The "School of Mines and Metallurgy" in Kazi Nazrul University has started its journey with Department of Mining Engineering and Department of Metallurgical Engineering in the year 2017.
- The School started offering 6 semesters' Diploma in Department of Mining Engineering and Department of Metallurgical Engineering from the year 2017 and 8 semesters' B. Tech. in Mining Engineering and B. Tech. in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from the year 2019.
- Both the courses are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Government of India.
- Being situated at Asansol, one of the oldest cities of coal mining and metal processing, the School has the advantage of proximity to the country’s prominent Coal Mining and Metallurgical industries like ECL, BCCL, CCL (subsidiaries of Coal India Limited), Tata Steel, SAIL, various DRI plants etc. as well as various nationally and internationally acclaimed academic and research institutions like NML, IIT Kharagpur, NIT Durgapur, IIT(ISM)-Dhanbad, CIMFR, CMPDIL, etc.
Vision and Mission of the School
The vision of the School is to impart technical education along with research and interaction with various industries and institutes in order to cater a bunch of dedicated, skilled and knowledgeable mining and metallurgical engineers to fulfill the need of the industries. The School strives to be the destination for students and faculties for the pursuit of academic excellence, technical innovation, and industrial professionals for knowledge based resources.
1. To provide technical education to students in such a way that they can analyze and design various operations of mining and metallurgical systems.
2. New technological innovations in the field of mining& metallurgy and allied industries are continually incorporated to update the curriculum based on required modification.
3. To work intensely with industry in pursuit of the above goals of education and research, leading to the development of cutting edge and commercially-viable technologies.
4. To promote quality education and research in the frontier technological areas to cater the industrial requirements and to accept the challenges of changing global technological and societal needs.
5. To interact and collaborate with reputed national and international institutes, universities and industries for continuous development and growth in academics and research, and participate in various National Mission Programs.
6. To create an academic and research ambience and infrastructure for independent and free thinking amongst the students and researchers for scientific and technological innovations.
7. To work towards the development of green technology and sustainable environment.
8. To maintain an atmosphere for the promotion of human values, ethics and social outreach.
- Meet: Director, School of Mines and Metallurgy
Dr. Arghya Majumder, Ph.D. (Jadavpur University)
- Former Deputy General Manager Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited, Ministry of Steel
- Former Shift Engineer in M/s Walzen Strips Pvt. Ltd., Biradingi, Howrah, India
- Certified Lead Auditor in Quality Management System (QMS) from 2019, Internal auditor from 2006,
Certified Internal auditor Integrated Management system (IMS) by BVC from the year 2017.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA) from Pondicherry University in the year of 2005.
- Got selected from Vizag Steel Plant for Industrial Training at Arcelor Mittal, Dunkerque, France as a Quality
Expert on Paul Wurth Blast furnace in the year of 2010.
- Represented RINL twice in regional level in 'YOUNG MANAGER' competition conducted by AIMA.
- Vivid Quizzer