Brief History of the School
- The "School of Mines and Metallurgy" has started its journey with Department of Mining Engineering and Department of Metallurgical Engineering in Kazi Nazrul University in the year 2017.
- The School started offering 6 semesters' Diploma in Mining Engineering and Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering from the year 2017 and 8 semesters' B. Tech. in Mining Engineering and B. Tech. in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from the year 2019.
- Both the courses are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Government of India.
- Being situated at Asansol in Raniganj Coalfield, one of the oldest coal mining areas in the whole country, the department has the advantage of proximity to the country’s prominent coal mining companies like ECL, BCCL, CCL (subsidiaries of Coal India Limited), Tata Steel, SAIL etc. as well as various nationally and internationally acclaimed mining academic and research institutions like IIT(ISM)-Dhanbad, CIMFR, CMPDIL etc.
Vision and Mission of the School
The vision of the department is to strengthen education, research and interaction between various industry and institute in order to cater a bunch of dedicated, skilled and knowledgeable mining engineers to fulfill the need of the mining industry.
To provide technical education to students in such a way that they can analyse and design various operation of mining and materials systems.
To update the curriculum with new innovation in technology in the field of mining and allied industries.
To work intensely with industry in pursuit of the above goals of education and research, leading to the development of cutting edge and commercially-viable technologies.
- Meet: Director, School of Mines and Metallurgy
Dr. Arghya Majumder, Ph.D. (Jadavpur University)
- Former Deputy General Manager Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited, Ministry of Steel
- Former Shift Engineer in M/s Walzen Strips Pvt. Ltd., Biradingi, Howrah, India
- Certified Lead Auditor in Quality Management System (QMS) from 2019, Internal auditor from 2006,
Certified Internal auditor Integrated Management system (IMS) by BVC from the year 2017.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA) from Pondicherry University in the year of 2005.
- Got selected from Vizag Steel Plant for Industrial Training at Arcelor Mittal, Dunkerque, France as a Quality
Expert on Paul Wurth Blast furnace in the year of 2010.
- Represented RINL twice in regional level in 'YOUNG MANAGER' competition conducted by AIMA.
- Vivid Quizzer