Kazi Nazrul University has taken initiatives for the Non-Teaching Staff,
both permanent and contractual to avail medical facility at the
University. Dr Sibashis Chatterjee , MOIC Dhadka visits the University everyday
from 12 noon to 2 p.m. All the faculties of the University can avail the
facilities for their health check in the University.
scheme was officially launched by Hon’ble Chief Minister on 30.thDecember
2016. It was announced in Cabinet no. 2625
dated 17th February, 2016 and the Finance Department Notification
No. 1104-F/(P) dated 25th February, 2016.
Main Features of Sastha Sathi Scheme
- Basic health cover for secondary and
tertiary care up to Rs. 5 lakh per annum per family.
- Up to Rs 1.5 Lakh through Insurance Mode
and beyond 1.5 lakh to 5 Lakh through Assurance Mode
- The scheme was rolled out from 01.02.2017. NIC was insurance partner in 9
District and UIIC in 11 Districts up to 28.02.2018. The scheme was implemented
under assurance mode for the month of march, 2018. From 01.04.2018 Bajaj
Allianz selected as Insurance Partner in 18 Districts and IFFCO TOKYO in 5
Cashless, Smart Cardbased.
isno cap on the family size and Parents from both the Spouseare
included. Unmarried daughter upto 21 Years and all dependent physically
challenged persons in the family also covered.
pre-existing diseasesare covered.
entire premium is borne by the State Government and no contribution from the
- Online Sastha sathi Smart card is provided to each family on the day of Enrolment.
Smart Card captures the details of the family members, Photographs, biometric, address,
Mobile Number, SECC ID, ADHAAR No (if available)
- Management of the scheme is in paperless IT platform from day one.
- Online empanelment & gradation of Hospitals based on the services and
- 100% online Pre-authorisation with turn around time of 24 Hrs.
- SMS triggers and instant alerts to the beneficiaries on blocking of card.
- Real-time uploading of E-health record of the beneficiaries on discharge
- Claim reimbursement to the hospital with TAT of 30 days else interest are being charged for delayed
- 24X7 toll free Call Centre
(18003455384)with feedback option
- Online grievance monitoring Mechanism
- Online triggers and alerts to detect probable frauds with escalation matrix..
- Android based Sastha Sathi Mobile app for assistance to the beneficiaries
All the non-teaching staff of the University, both permanent and contractual have the opportunity
of excellent sports facilities which includes different indoor as well as outdoor games. Indoor
games include carom, Table Tennis, badminton, Chess etc. The outdoor games include football,
cricket, athletics, etc. The sports committee of the University was constituted in 2014-2015.
Every year the Sports Department organizes different events among the employees of the different
departments. The employees can have gym facility in the University.