Kazi Nazrul University has taken initiatives for the faculties, both permanent and contractual to avail medical facility at the University. Dr Sibashis Chatterjee , MOIC Dhadka visits the University everyday from 12 noon to 2 p.m. All the faculties of the University can avail the facilities for their health check in the University.
The scheme was officially launched by Hon’ble Chief Minister on 30.th December 2016. It was announced in Cabinet no. 2625 dated 17th February, 2016 and the Finance Department Notification No. 1104-F/(P) dated 25th February, 2016.
Main Features of Sastha Sathi Scheme
- Basic health cover for secondary and tertiary care up to Rs. 5 lakh per annum per family.
- Up to Rs 1.5 Lakh through Insurance Mode and beyond 1.5 lakh to 5 Lakh through Assurance Mode.
- The scheme was rolled out from 01.02.2017. NIC was insurance partner in 9 District and UIIC in 11 Districts up to 28.02.2018. The scheme was implemented under assurance mode for the month of march, 2018. From 01.04.2018 Bajaj Allianz selected as Insurance Partner in 18 Districts and IFFCO TOKYO in 5 Districts
- Paperless, Cashless, Smart Card based.
- There is no cap on the family size and Parents from both the Spouse are included. Unmarried daughter upto 21 Years and all dependent physically challenged persons in the family also covered.
- All pre-existing diseases are covered.
- The entire premium is borne by the State Government and no contribution from the beneficiary
- Online Swathyasathi Smart card is provided to each family on the day of Enrolment. Smart Card captures the details of the family members , Photographs, biometric, address, Mobile Number, SECC ID, ADHAAR No ( if available)
- Management of the scheme is in paperless IT platform from day one.
- Online empanelment & gradation of Hospitals based on the services and infrastructure available
- 100% online Pre-authorisation with turn around time of 24 Hrs.
- SMS triggers and instant alerts to the beneficiaries on blocking of card.
- Real-time uploading of E-health record of the beneficiaries on discharge
- Claim reimbursement to the hospital with TAT of 30 days else interest are being charged for delayed payment.
- 24X7 toll free Call Centre (18003455384) with feedback option
- Online grievance monitoring Mechanism
- Online triggers and alerts to detect probable frauds with escalation matrix..
- Android based Swasthya Sathi Mobile app for assistance to the beneficiaries
All the faculties of the University, both permanent and contractual have the opportunity of excellent sports facilities which includes different indoor as well as outdoor games. Indoor games include carom, Table Tennis, badminton, Chess etc. The outdoor games include football, cricket, athletics, etc. The sports committee of the University was constituted in 2014-2015. Every year the Sports Department organizes different events among the employees of the different departments. The employees can have gym facility in the University.
Personal Research Grant
University provides personal research grant to all permanent faculties for attending Seminars, Conferences and Workshops.
Special Leave for Post Doctoral and Advance Research in National and International Level
All the permanent faculties of the University are encouraged to do post doctoral and advance research work on their subject of interest for producing high quality research output. For supporting this noble endeavour the faculties are provided with Special Leave for the research.