We are the Alumni Association of Kazi Nazrul University, Asansol, West Bengal, India. The Kazi Nazrul Alumni Association (KNAA) was formed in the year 2020 by a group of alumni and has since worked in close partnership with the university to provide services to the alumni community. We provide a common platform for the alumni of the University to reach out to other alumni across various batches, branches, and interests.
Aims and objectives
The Aims and objectives of the association shall be:
- To bring old students of the university under one forum for exchange of experience, dissemination of knowledge and talents amongst its members and also for the furtherance of fellowship, advancement of scientific knowledge in general of the members of the association and country.
- To conduct seminars, conferences, workshops, endowment lectures and other academic activities and also to keep in touch with one another of the university faculty, non teaching staff and students.
- To create and establish Alumni endowments for granting scholarships ,prizes and medals to the students showing high proficiency in their studies and honour former students of the university.
- To advise and interact with state and central government bodies, universities and other similar associations on matters relating with promotion of higher education, training and management systems and thereby promote the welfare and status of the university.
- To collect funds by subscription, contributions, donations and gifts from members, non members, Governments, Universities and other institutions and philanthropists for furtherance of the above objectives.
- To render financial aid to deserving poor students studying at the university.
- To render financial aid to deserving alumni in cases of extreme compassionate circumstances.
- To bring out magazines, souvenirs and newsletters highlighting the activities of the university and its alumni.
- To organize cultural and educational programmes and also to conduct alumni day celebration every year.
- To help the alumni to get advice from the University on various technical problems and job opportunities that they may come across in their work and real life.
- To carry out such other activities as may be necessary for furthering the above aims and objectives