Kazi Nazrul University has taken initiatives for the officers, both permanent and contractual to avail medical facility at the University. Dr Sibashis Chatterjee, MOIC Dhadka visits the University everyday from 12 noon to 2 p.m. All the officers of the University can avail the facilities for their health check in the University.
The scheme was officially launched by Hon’ble Chief Minister on 30.th December 2016. It was announced in Cabinet no. 2625 dated 17th February, 2016 and the Finance Department Notification No. 1104-F/(P) dated 25th February, 2016.
Main Features of Sastha Sathi Scheme
- Basic health cover for secondary and tertiary care up to Rs. 5 lakh per annum per family.
- Up to Rs 1.5 Lakh through Insurance Mode and beyond 1.5 lakh to 5 Lakh through Assurance Mode
- The scheme was rolled out from 01.02.2017. NIC was insurance partner in 9 District and UIIC in 11 Districts up to 28.02.2018. The scheme was implemented under assurance mode for the month of march, 2018. From 01.04.2018 Bajaj Allianz selected as Insurance Partner in 18 Districts and IFFCO TOKYO in 5 Districts
- Paperless, Cashless, Smart Cardbased.
- There is no cap on the family size and Parents from both the Spouse are included. Unmarried daughter upto 21 Years and all dependent physically challenged persons in the family also covered.
- All pre-existing diseases are covered.
- The entire premium is borne by the State Government and no contribution from the beneficiary.
- Online Swathya sathi Smart card is provided to each family on the day of Enrolment. Smart Card captures the details of the family members, Photographs, biometric, address, Mobile Number, SECC ID, ADHAAR No ( if available)
- Management of the scheme is in paperless IT platform from day one.
- Online empanelment & gradation of Hospitals based on the services and infrastructure available
- 100% online Pre-authorisation with turn around time of 24 Hrs.
- SMS triggers and instant alerts to the beneficiaries on blocking of card.
- Real-time uploading of E-health record of the beneficiaries on discharge
- Claim reimbursement to the hospital with TAT of 30 days else interest are being charged for delayed payment.
- 24X7 toll free Call Centre (18003455384) with feedback option
- Online grievance monitoring Mechanism
- Online triggers and alerts to detect probable frauds with escalation matrix..
- Android based Swasthya Sathi Mobile app for assistance to the beneficiaries
All the officers of the University, both permanent and contractual have the opportunity
of excellent sports facilities which includes different indoor as well as outdoor games. Indoor
games include carom, Table Tennis, badminton, Chess etc. The outdoor games include football,
cricket, athletics, etc. The sports committee of the University was constituted in 2014-2015.
Every year the Sports Department organizes different events among the employees of the different
departments. The officers can have gym facility in the University.
Special Leave for Higher Studies
All the permanent officers of the University is encouraged to do higher studies in their subject
of interest. For supporting this interest of higher studies, the officers are provided with